
This is Day 6 of the Garrett Diet Hack Experiment.
Regularity Ensues
Target: 202.7 lbs
Body Weight: 197.8 lbs
Food budget: 78.2 oz
Food eaten: 42.4 oz
Woo hoo! Looks like fiber is going to be a major part of this diet. I lost 2.4 pounds in one day.
In addition to the Metamucil taking action yesterday, this was also helped by a jog in the morning before I weighed myself. I lose about 0.8 pounds by jogging five miles, even including the water I drink before the jog. That weight loss itself is mostly water, but it still counts in this diet. I didn't jog on days 4 and 5, so this affected the daily weigh-in.
You'll notice that now the trend line is steeper than the target. That means I am losing weight faster than I need to. It's amazing how only one data point can change things so much.
Hunger
I am trying to get a head start on the later weeks of the diet, when it will be more difficult to lose weight. So I have been trying to eat less than my allotted budget. I have noticed that I am hungry more often. But interestingly, I also don't mind hunger as much. In only a few days, my body has started getting used to the idea of being a little hungry.
We were in a rush this morning, and I didn't get a chance to eat breakfast. Normally I would have been starving and irritable by lunchtime. Today I was certainly hungry, but it didn't make me irritable, and I didn't feel like devouring food as soon as I saw it.
Even with a beer at lunchtime, I only ate 42.4 ounces of food today. The diet gave me the option of eating 78.2 ounces, but I didn't feel like I needed it. Plus, the big drop in my weight was a strong encouragement to keep my food intake down.
No comments:
Post a Comment