
This is Day 29 of the Garrett Diet Hack.
Target Weight: 199.4 lbs
Actual Weight: 192.6 lbs
Food budget: 108.8 oz
Weight loss so far: 7.2 pounds
Norovirus: An unpleasant weight loss program.
You will notice a sharp drop in the chart on the right for the past two days. I lost two pounds in one evening due to the extremely unpleasant Norovirus that has been circulating in our area. First my grandmother got it, then my two daughters, and then me. I will spare you the gory details, but let's just say that I do not recommend this as a weight loss program. I suspect that I will bounce back up to around 194 when I rehydrate.
Other than this unpleasantness, the Garrett Diet Hack has been proceeding smoothly. I have dropped so far below my target that I have actually stopped weighing my food.
Based on the first three weeks of weighing all my food, I know this: On a day when I try hard to keep my food intake down, I eat about 40 ounces. On a day of gluttony, I eat about 65 ounces. My biggest day was 68.8 ounces, when I had a few beers after work.
For the past week, my allowed food budget has been over 80 ounces almost every day. There is not much point in weighing my food, when it is almost impossible for me to eat that much food in one day.
I should point out that a "day of gluttony" is not what it used to be. I have gotten in the habit of eating less than I used to. The biggest thing that this diet hack has taught me is how to monitor the amount that I eat. I recognize what "A Lot of Food" looks like. I look at the typical restaurant portion now, and I see two or three meals. My wife and I now split meals because I simply can't eat it all anymore.
I think when my weight hits about 185, I will start bumping up against the limits again and will need to start weighing my food. In the meantime, I will continue to lose weight by "habit."
1 comment:
Mad props Chris! Hopefully everyone in your household is feeling better :)
Post a Comment